Sunday 2 September 2007

Bad memory: Good

The other day a guy at work came up to me and handed me a document. He wondered if it contained an accurate description of a new part of our system, and if it could serve as a base for writing the test cases for it.
I eyed trough it and was struck by how good it was. It covered all that was needed without getting into any non-necessary detailing. It was well written and logically formatted. In short: It was an excellent base for writing the test cases ( and for developing the module in the first place ( and for throwing you hands in the aeya in general ) ).

I asked the guy who wrote it and he showed me the front page.
Author: Me. Apparently I wrote it myself a few months back.

Its not often you are able to give yourself a really honest and unselfish praise, but it seems a bit of amnesia goes a long way ( I mean, I could have asked him "What kind of a moron wrote this crap?" ).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Åh, varför skriva på engelska?
/H

Bjarne said...

Because this is not Sweden, this is the Internet.

Marcus said...

Join the AntiFacebook stab!