Sunday 23 September 2007

I have seen the Sage


Yesterday I finally got to see Sage Francis live at Debaser. I was bored to the point of splitting my skull open by the supporting acts... they were not bad in any way, they were just so very generic that bad would be at least interesting in comparison. But at around midnight "The crater face steps in". And the crowd goes ballistic. This guy has stage presence and there is nothing generic about him. There are no babes, guns and cash... or is there... there is actually, but the babes are ex wives, the guns are water guns and cash was named Johnny. And God did not kill him, no sirree.

So if you know what is good for you:

  1. First you get "A Healthy Distrust", it is the most accessible album. And its great. I love "Sun Vs Moon".
  2. Then you get "Personal Journals", it's less polished but also feels more honest. Its my personal favorite, and the best of all is "Different".
  3. Then go about your life. Make something up. Something good preferably.
And to the monkey arsed DJ that spun plastic between acts... what moron plays songs by the main act before the concert? Pissed me off big time... not 100% sure I'm right here but is that not just really, really weird?

No comments: