Sunday 29 July 2007

The results of TV deprivation

As I wrote in an earlier blog entry: I've now been without TV for a week. It was not hard at all, and I'm in no real hurry turning it back on any time soon. I've actually gotten a lot out of not staring at that stupid box:

  • I've been on two dates and cancelled one because I met this awesome woman. No Idea where this will end up, but just meeting her was wonderful. I'm kind of waiting for someone from The Hidden Camera to pop out and tell me she is just a joke and I've been had.
  • I watched the entire "League Of Gentlemen" TV series, on DVD (on my laptop). It is awesome in every way. A strange mix between twisted comedy and horror. Also a few episodes of "Dexter" and "Flight Of The Conchords"
  • Been to an excellent festival and discovered the exquisite music of "Wildbirds And Peacedrums", a band that is based on just a girl with a beautiful voice and a percussionist.
  • I've been so totally drunk that I'm amazed I woke up at all the day after.
  • Fixed up a corner of my balcony with plants and general coziness. The furniture is still awful, but its about a gazillion percent more cozy now. I've actually started using it, something I hardly ever did before.
  • Read a great deal more of The Man Who Killed His Brother, and its pretty good. I think I'll have to read the entire series.
So if I gained all this: what did I loose?

Well... If you don't consider missing an episode of MacGyver at 02:00 each night a loss(I don't): then NOTHING!

6 comments:

chumly said...

The way TV is going it is no wonder more and more people are going back to reading books.

Anonymous said...

Hey, what happened to the cool outdoor furniture you used to have?

Bjarne said...

Those are the ones, I'm afraid your memory plays tricks on you, they never were that cool :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm, okey, I had a picture in my mind that you had these sleek plastic thingies from Ikea... These, but in a different colour: http://img.findaproperty.com/library/libp3395.jpg

But I suppose that was just in my head 'cause I think they would look really good on your balcony. :-)

Bjarne said...

No doubt they would :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.